Sunday, April 12, 2009

Basics 1: Uniform and equipment

This is the first official post of the how to waiter/ waitress 
blog so welcome and thank you for your 
support. I hope that you will find this blog useful. To give 
advice on your way as a professional 
waiter I will use a professional standard for every post on 
this blog.


So for the first blog I thought of starting at the right beginning
What to wear and want equipment 
do you need.

As I said that this blog would be on a professional standard 
so although I advice black and white 
with bow tie a lot of restaurants and cafes let's their staff 
wear casual or or certain uniform.
As a waiter you would dress professionally with a white 
collar shirt, neat black trousers,bow tie or 
tie and apron(preferably black).

Where I did my course in waitering we had five pieces of 
equipment that we had to have with us all
the time and personally I would say that with these 5 pieces 
you can do almost everything. 
So I would as a waiter the basic equipment you need is
1) Pen
2) Notepad
3) Bottle opener
4) Handkerchief
5) Lighter

All if these would be a personal choice of what you 
have or what you may need where you are 
working but from what I have experienced that is 
what you need to start off.


No comments:

Post a Comment